This is a 0.9 oz (25 g) tube of PAW Blackmores Manuka Wound Gel Protective Barrier for Wound Care.
Manuka Wound Gel protects wounds, controls odors, reduces & prevents contamination and maintains natural wound pH. It can be used on dogs, cats and horses. Pure Animal Wellbeing or PAW for short is Blackmores new pet health range. Blackmores is famous for creating some of the best health products found at chemists, health food isles and now pet stores.
About PAW Manuka Wound Gel
- 0.9 oz (25 g)
- Sterile wound dressing made from Manuka Honey
- For dogs, cats and horses
- Will not harm if licked by animal
- For animal consumption only
- Non healing and chronic wounds
- Traumatic, acute and surgical wounds
- Malodorous and sloughy wounds
- General first aid
PAW Manuka Wound Gel
- Sterile wound dressing made from Manuka Money
- Contains seaweed derived hydrocolloids to enhance honey's properties as a wound dressing
- Formulated with natural nourishing oil for the additional protection to the wound bed and margins and to reduce pain/stringing associated with the pure honey
- Non-adherent thus reducing trauma at dressing change
- Reduce and prevent contamination, external bacteria colonization and infection
- Helps maintain natural wound pH
- removes malodour
- Allows exudates to remain in contact with a wound which may help speed up natural healing
- May assist in removal of slough and necrotic tissue
Directions for Use
PAW Manuka Wound Gel should be used liberally and can be applied either directly to the wound or to a suitable dressing. Wound margins can be further protected by a suitable barrier cream. The frequency of changing will depend on the clinical circumstances and this can vary from more than once per day for draining wounds to up to 7 days for unsoiled dressings. PAW Manuka Gel can be removed from the wound by rinsing with clean saline or water at dressing change.
Not for use on heavily exudating wounds. PAW Manuka Wound Gel is not recommended for body cavities. In the event of a slow or non-responding wound please seek veterinary advice.